The program is scheduled to begin on 13 March 2023, and the 3-months learning journey will conclude by end of May 2023.
Class schedule and time commitment:
- The program comprises 72 synchronous (live/real-time) learning hours, of which 60 hours are dedicated to plenary seminars and skill development modules, and 12 hours towards challenge project work.
- If public health situation allows, the program is designed to include two, 3-days long, bootcamp-style workshops in Bali, Indonesia, where those without travel restrictions can convene and the rest will be joining virtually. These workshops will occur at the beginning and during the middle of the program duration.
- Outside the bootcamp workshops, a typical week would require 6-7 hours of live classes attendance, which are distributed across two workday evenings and a Saturday morning (Bali time). A sample schedule from the 2021 intake can be downloaded here.
- Additional to the live sessions, there will be roughly equal amount of asynchronous (self- or group-organized learnings) hours to complete pre- and post-class assignments and challenge project work.
- If the pandemics situation does not allow, the in-person workshops will be replaced with intensive online workshops that are 3-4 days long, with 6-8 hours of learning each day.
Language of instruction
- Language of Instruction: English (with lecture documents and simultaneous translation available for Bahasa Indonesia)
- Number of Participants: 66-80 Students.
- If the participant number is less than 66, the organizer has right not to start classes.
- Upon completion of the program, participants will receive a certificate offered by Tsinghua University.
- Program Participants: HDX program is mainly open for applicants from Southeast Asian countries.
Please note that the program arrangement is subject to changes according to actual situation.